Aquatic Therapist to Swim Teacher/Swim Teacher to Aquatic Therapist Transition
COURSE NAME: Aquatic Therapist to Swim Teacher/Swim Teacher to Aquatic Therapist Transition
DATE: Thursday April 30, 2020
LOCATION: Waterford Mott High School, 1151 Scott Lake Rd, Waterford Twp, MI 48328
DESCRIPTION: Calling all community therapists, aquatics professionals and teachers.
As a therapy professional, do you want to sharpen or explore the teaching field? As a teacher, do you want to learn more about how to implement therapeutic interventions while learning best safety practices for your aquatics program?Learn tips how to transition & enhance your profession in this aquatics workshop.
Training by: Nicole Scherbarth CTRS/ATRIC & Nicole Delia
1. Participants will understand different educational models, focusing on Montessori methodology.
2. Participants will learn the chronological order of teaching.
3. Participants will learn the chronological order of teaching a therapeutic skill.
4. Participants will learn how to lead aquatic therapy/adaptive swim lessons staff through lesson a lesson plan.
5. Participants will learn how adaptive tips to integrate a person with special needs into group environment.
6. Participants will learn preventative safety measures for community participants in the locker room, pool area and inside pool.
*This is NCTRC .3 CEU pending approval.
|Event Date||04-30-2020 6:00 pm|
|Event End Date||04-30-2020 9:00 pm|
|Registration Start Date||03-11-2020|
|Location||Waterford Mott High School|