$79 early bird rate through March 15, 2019 - Calculated during checkout.
DESCRIPTION: This course is for a therapist (RT/PT/PTA/OT/COTA) or other aquatic professionals who works with clients in a clinical or community pool environment. Participants will learn how to assess a patient or client for safe return to water activities or swimming after an injury or acquired disability.
TRAINING BY: Nicole Scherbarth CTRS/ATRIC & Joan Stauffer CRTS/ATRIC
1. Participants will learn how to execute safety evaluation for pool area: pool locker room and pool area.
2. Participants will learn 5 areas of a swim safety evaluation: entry/exit, safety awareness, water adjustment/body control, required water safety skills and survival skills.
3. Participants will learn how to assess client flotation, adaptions or PFD need.
4. Participants will learn 3 different assessments for identifying client’s swim ability.
5. Participants will learn how to assess client’s adjustment to all water environments.
6. Participants will skills and special consideration for other water activities, such as: scuba and snorkeling, water sports, fishing, and boating.
|Event Date||04-12-2019 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||04-12-2019 12:30 pm|